HP Printer Offline Status on Windows 10 [Solved]
This segment will provide you with the best troubleshooting steps to resolve the hp offline printer issue in Windows 10 and Windows 7 at ease. If you find an offline printer issue, you cannot print files because the reason behind an offline printer problem is your printer and computer cannot communicate with each other without hassles. The steps to resolve the offline printer problem are as follows:
Check Connection Problems
Want to check the connection problems? Then here are the steps!
- Check that you do not connect your printer to either a host or guest network.
- The host and guest network will consist of several additional security measures which will prevent your printer from communicating with your computer and printing files.
- If you are already using a wireless network, switch to a USB cable or Ethernet cable connection to fix the offline printer problem.
- Now, check the reliability of your printer by connecting it with the other PC.
- If your HP printer connects with the second PC, then the problem might be with your printer.
- In this case, you will have to contact the printer manufacturer to fix the offline printer problem.
Set Default Printer
Using the steps given below, you can turn your printer default at ease:
- Turn on your HP printer, and select the devices and printers menu from the Windows control panel.
- Now, choose your printer model, and tap on the select my printer default menu.
- Next, see what your printer prints and disable the use of offline printer status.
- Check if your printer works without turning offline again.
- Else, try further troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer problem.
To reset your HP printer in no time, you will have to follow the list of instructions given below:
- If your printer is not active first, then turn it on back.
- Now, keeping your printer turned on, detach the power cable from it.
- Remove the power cord from the electrical socket also.
- After a minute, connect the power cord again and reboot your HP printer.
- Now, check whether your PC and printer are sharing the same wireless network.
- Assign a print task and check if your printer problem fixes. Else, try out the other troubleshooting methods.
Update Printer Firmware
HP releases new versions of firmware at regular intervals. After updating the firmware, your printer will work without hassles, and most minor printer problems will get resolved. Following are the instructions to update the printer firmware at ease.
- You can update the firmware directly from your printer itself. To do so, follow the instructions given in the printer manual.
- If you cannot update the firmware from your printer, go to the 123.hp.com/setup and look for the latest firmware.
- Check whether you have added the printer to your PC.
- Go to the Software and Drivers menu, enter your printer model and search for reliable firmware.
- Now, download the firmware and install the firmware using the installation setup wizard.
Update Printer Driver
To update the HP printer driver, you will have to follow the set of instructions given below:
- Go to a manufacturer’s website and find the latest driver in line with your printer model.
- Hit the download button and download the HP Printer driver software on your PC.
- Next, follow the instructions from the installation setup wizard to update your printer driver in no time.
In most cases, a driver update will resolve most printer problems. If the problem continues, contact a professional printer technician for assistance.