HP Officejet Pro 9010 driver is unavailable
The printer driver’s remaining unavailable is due to an underlying issue with the HP Officejet Pro 9010 driver. Most often, the driver may not be the issue. As this has been the case in the past, there are a few steps that need to be followed to remove the issue from the printer before making changes to the driver or the device. We have created a few simple steps that will assist in the process of removing the issue from the printer.Here are the various fixes that could be appliedRestart the HP Officejet Pro 9010 and the Windows device
- Restart the HP Officejet Pro 9010 and the Windows device to ensure that any underlying problem is removed and the printer can continue functioning as usual.
- While the HP Officejet Pro 9010 printer is powered up, remove the power cord from the rear end of the printer.
- Following this, remove the power cord from the wall socket.
- Allow it to rest for a few minutes and connect the printer back to the printer.
- When the power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and the power supply, it will automatically power up.
- Do the same for the device. Click the Windows option, choose restart and allow the device to completely restart.
- Click the Windows button on the keyboard and choose the Settings option.
- This will lead you to a set of options. Select “Update & Security.”
- Details of the last update will appear on the display and information on the latest update will also be found.
- Click on “Check for Updates.” If there is an update, complete it at once.
- The download will initiate. Save all other files that are being worked on and complete the installation.
- This process will take a while to complete.
- Open the Device Manager on the device through the Control Panel.
- Locate the Printer option and right-click.
- Choose to uninstall the device from the pop-up menu.
- This will remove the printer driver from the device.
- Restart the device and the printer before downloading and installing the driver.