HP Officejet Pro 6960 Troubleshooting guide
- 1. HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup Issues
- HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Off-line Issues
- HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Frequently Disconnects from Wi-Fi
- HP Officejet Pro 6960 Unresponsive USB Connection
- HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Will Not Connect To Wi-Fi
- HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Driver Unavailable
- Steps to Fix HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer won’t Scan
- 2. HP Officejet Pro 6960 install Issues
- How to remove the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Device in Windows?
- How to remove and uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 6960 in Mac?
- How to Update HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Driver for Windows 10?
- Why does it say my HP Officejet Pro 6960 printers is not responding?
- How do I get my network printer back online?
- How do I fix the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer No lights are on?
- How do I fix the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Resume light is flashing?
HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup Issues:
- Begin with downloading HP Print and Scan. You can also get assistance from printer technicians to download the original version of HP Print and Scan.
- Install the same using onscreen instructions displayed on the Installation Wizard.
- Double-click on the HP Print and Scan to open it.
- Select your printer model from the available printer list.
- Enable printer updates to continue.
- Switch your device as a default printer device.
- The static IP of the printer has to set beyond the router’s DHCP range.
- Check whether you’ve disabled any mode that says sleep or save energy.
- Disable if the IPv6 of the printer is enabled.
- Connect the power cable directly to an electrical socket and not to a UPS.
- Check whether the distance between your printer and the router is 5 feet.
- Look for firmware upgrades hindering the Wi-Fi connectivity.
- On doing all the above steps, the issue will resolve.
- Check whether the power cables are connected firmly.
- Then power up or switch on your printer device.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
- Now, move on to the control panel.
- Tap on the settings menu.
- Search for a menu indicating – Devices and Printers.
- Hit a click on that particular menu to continue.
- Right-click on your printer model.
- Uninstall your device from the list.
- Reboot your system by connecting the USB cables.
- Start your computer.
- Check whether the router is active.
- Download appropriate printer software.
- Check whether your wireless network is active.
- Connect your printer and the computer to the same active wireless network.
- Boot up your printer.
- Install the printer software.
- Your device will now connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Try a trial print.
- For more queries, call technicians.
- Choose the scan now menu from the Easy-start driver.
- Check for the installed drivers on your computer.
- Click all the installed drivers and update them.
- Stop the functions of both the router and the printer.
- Put your computer to sleep and remove the cables.
- Stay paused for about 10 seconds.
- Boot up all your devices like computer, printer, and the router.
- Check whether all your devices have an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Look to that whether all the software of your printer is updated.
- The driver will be back to normal now.
- Disable your HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer.
- Connect the power cable.
- Stop all the active functions.
- Reboot your computer.
- Power up your printer.
- Take a test scan.
- Remove the printer software.
- Add the printer software again.
- Check for form wireless network.
- Try a trial scan.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 install Issues:
How to remove the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Device in Windows?
To remove or uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer in Windows, follow the step-by-step instructions listed below:-
- Start with the control panel.
- Select the settings menu that is found available on the control panel.
- Now search for a menu indicating – Devices and Printers.
- Select the menu and then continue with choosing your specific printer model.
- Right-click on your printer model to remove or uninstall it.
- After completing all the steps as given, reboot your computer device without hindrance.
How to remove and uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 6960 in Mac?
To remove or uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer in MAC, follow the step-by-step instructions listed below:-
- Start with selecting the Apple menu to continue with the following processes.
- Then search for system preferences and hit to open it.
- Now you will see a list of menus that performs various activities.
- Choose a menu that highlights printers and scanners and click on it.
- From a list shown right-click on your printer model.
- Then tap on uninstall or remove icon.
How to Update HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Driver for Windows 10?
Follow the steps given below to update the printer driver in Windows:-
- Search for the control panel in Windows.
- Then click add a device menu.
- If you do not find your device, go to the devices and printers menu.
- Then mark the checkbox stating add a local printer or network manually.
- Select the existing port and choose the name of your printer.
- Select all the driver software under your printer model and click an option to update all the software at a time to complete the steps.
Why does it say my HP Officejet Pro 6960 printers is not responding?
If HP Officejet Pro 6960 not connecting to a computer or not responding follow the instructions given below:-
- Check whether the power supply is prompt.
- Switch on your printer.
- If you are using a wired connection, check the USB cables else check the wireless network.
- If the issue continues, install printer troubleshooter.
- Now check for the drivers and update all the drivers if required.
- If the problem persists, contact a technician or printer expert for guidance and clear the issue instantly.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Follow the instructions online to get your printer back to normal active mode:-
- See the left corner at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the start icon present.
- Now enter the control panel and move into it.
- Choose the menu stating devices and printers and check the ongoing printing task if any.
- Next, you should tap on the printer menu from the available list of menus.
- Then from the list of menus displayed, click make my printer online and continue with taking a test print copy.
How do I fix the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer No lights are on?
If no lights are on and if your HP Officejet Pro 6960 is not connecting to a computer, the issue might be with the cartridges. If might be used up fully. So move on with the steps to remove and replace a new cartridge. Now continue with the printing process.
How do I fix the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Resume light is flashing?
If your printer’s resume light is flashing, then stop all the ongoing print functions and restart your printer device to continue the print tasks from the first. If you find the same problem again, contact an expert printer technician to assist you in resolving the printer problem immediately and promptly.