How to Fix Printer in Error State
If you are a long-term printer user, you might have experienced your printer in an error state during frequent print activities. If your printer is in an error state, then you will find a prompt stating that your printer is in an error state and cannot work at this particular time. So, are you looking for some best instructions to resolve the printer problem? Then you have landed on the right webpage. Here, we have listed proven solutions to fix the error state printer problem at ease. Try resolving your printer in an error state with the following troubleshooting steps:
Check the connection and restart your devices
Perform the steps given below and see if the printer problem fixes.
- Firstly, check if the connection between your printer and the computer is reliable and without any issues.
- Now, look to that the wireless or wired connection between your devices function well without hindrance.
- At times, the error state in your printer will resolve by restarting your computer and printer device.
- Remove all the power, USB, and Ethernet cables from the devices and turn them off.
- Leave them to rest for a couple of minutes, and then turn on the devices back to check if the problem fixes.
Solution 2: Update or reinstall the printer driver
A faulty or incorrect printer driver will also be the reason for a printer in the error state. In this case, you will have to reinstall or update the printer driver to fix the printer problem. Following are the steps with which you can reinstall or update the printer driver software in no time.
- Firstly, you will have to turn on your PC and check for the OS version.
- On using an outdated OS version, reinstall the OS with the latest version soon.
- Now, from a secure browser, you should land on the manufacturer’s website to find a compatible printer driver.
- Enter your printer model and find the appropriate driver for your device.
- Now, tap on the direct driver download link and download the driver software.
- Now, run the driver and open the installation setup wizard.
- Follow the setup instructions to install and update the printer driver.
- If the printer problem persists, go to the following troubleshooting method to resolve the printer error condition.
Solution 3: Contact the printer manufacturer
On trying all the above methods, and if the problem continues again, you will have to contact the printer manufacturer. They will provide you with the printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer problem at ease.