Epson Printer is Offline? Here’s How to Fix it
Let us explain the troubleshooting steps with an example. You have selected the file to print and waiting for the printout in the output paper tray. But, you did not receive a printout and found an offline status on the Epson printer screen. Have you ever undergone this problem before? No worries! Every printer user will end up with this problem. Here some troubleshooting solutions to fix the printer offline problem and continue printing.
Follow the 5-essential solutions to troubleshoot the offline printer problem at ease.
- Solution 1: Check Printer Connection
- Solution 2: Update Epson Printer Driver
- Solution 3: Check Printing Status
- Solution 4: Restart The Print Spooler Service
- Solution 5: Add a Second Printer
Check Printer Connection
Solution 1: Check Printer Connection
- Turn off and power up your Epson printer and wait until your printer gets ready to accept print requests.
- Check the USB cable connection, and look to that you have connected the USB cable to the working USB port of your PC.
- At times, if the USB cable is loose, then your printer will not work as expected.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi network, check that both the Epson printer and the PC shares the same wireless network.
- Also, check the wireless icon blinks and your printer is ready for wireless printing.
Update Epson Printer Driver
Epson printer problems will resolve once you update the latest printer driver. Here are some of the steps using which you can fix the Epson printer problem at ease.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and check for the latest driver version.
- Click on the driver download button and get the downloaded file in your file.
- Run the file to get an installation setup wizard. Follow the setup instructions and complete the Epson driver installation process.
- You can enable the automatic driver update settings to update the new driver.
Check Printing Status
If your Epson driver gets updated, then the printer settings will also get changed. So, be cautious in controlling the printer settings. Use the following steps to check the printing status in no time.
- Turn off and boot up your Epson printer first.
- Click Windows Key + I, and go to the devices menu.
- Now, choose the devices and printer settings from a big list of menus.
- Next, click on the see what’s printing menu.
- If your printer is not the default printer, then make it default, and turn your printer online.
Restart The Print Spooler Service
If the print spooler service is not active, then your printer will also not work. So, use the steps given below to restart or activate the print spooler service.
- From the Windows menu on the home screen, reach the services menu.
- Next, tap to open the print spooler service.
- Check if the print spooler is running. Else, right-click on it and click start to enable the print spooler service.
- You can also restart your Epson printer before printing.
Add a Second Printer
If you have a USB cable connection between the devices, then you can follow this solution.
- From the devices menu of Windows, go to the devices and printers menu.
- Now, select printer properties to add a printer.
- Enter the printer’s IP address and more to add a new printer to the list.